Monday, June 22, 2009

choose shoes in dark




nike dunk low
nike dunk low $53


Good morning.

There was some excitement at my house last night.

Not ‘dinner party’ excitement.

Oh, no - more of a let’s find all of the oil lamps and play cards in the darkness kind of excitement.

It started with a short telephone call that we received from our neighbor as we were returning home from a quick jaunt to the grocery store. I was driving, so my hubby answered the phone. But, I still managed to hear the word ‘exploded’ float out from the receiver.
That, boys and girls, is what it looks like after your power pole explodes and your transformer catches fire..something to do with dry summers and freezing rain in the spring making these things into occasional tinderboxes. Good to know.

Here’s an obligatory close-up. I know it’s blurry, but note the hint of smoke as the wood still smolders:
So, what does this have to do with shoes?

Actually, very little.

But, since hubby did ask last night, “Well honey, how are you going to turn this into a Shoeblog post”.

The gauntlet was thrown.

Here goes:

I am fairly type-A about storing my shoes. I like to keep them in their boxes and then use 2×3 printer labels to put a stock-photo of the shoe on the end so I know what I have in my closet at a glance. But, last night, I realized there is another benefit to being a wee bit uptight about my shoe storage.

Keeping things organized prevents mismatching if you are rooting around in a dark closet for your matching shoes:

In the dark, all shoes are gray.

I’m not saying that I’ve done this, but I know there are folks out there who have. This is definitely one of the potential fashion pitfalls to be aware of when buying multiple colored pairs of a perfectly-fitted shoe.

Actually, I’m certain that I’ve inadvertently done this with socks. And, there was that time I ran to the closest ladies restroom stall to perform unexpected but necessary wardrobe repair; I abruptly realized that the shirt I was wearing was, in fact, inside out. *blushes*

So, how about any of you? Has anybody else had one of these unfortunate closet mishaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment